Our aim is to provide relief and support for the homeless and needy of Guildford, with the overall aim of not being needed anymore. But until the homeless crisis across the UK is fixed, we will continue to serve our guests as we have done for the last 30 years.
Breaking News – Footsteps has resume as a takeaway-style service with some limited seating indoors:
- Main meals would be pre-packaged – the kitchen will only be open for tea/coffee to be served in takeaway cups
- The service would be limited to the hall only (the smoking area will be closed).
- No shower facilities will be available
- Table service for additional hot drinks / snacks
- Guests would be required to sign in, sanitise and keep 2 metres from one another
- While eating / drinking masks will not be required
- Tables would be distanced 2 metres from one another
How we help
Every Sunday we open the Beverley Hall centre in Guildford from 4.30pm. We provide free food, and advice & support should people need it. We have links with Guildford Action and HOST and feel it is important that these channels remain open on the weekend. In the winter we usually keep a supply of sleeping bags and floor mats for those sleeping rough.
We serve up to 40 men and women each week. Footsteps is run solely by volunteers. New volunteers and gifts of food and funding are always welcome.